What is the average life expectancy of equipment?
Most systems have a lifetime of 10 to 20 years. As your equipment gets older, it's efficiency can decrease dramatically. You may notice that it gets noisier and needs repairs more often. When a unit begins to show it's age, you have two choices. You can overhaul the system or replace it. Because heating and cooling technologies improve over time, a new system designed with newer, more energy-efficient equipment makes sense, especially if your system is 10 or more years old. We can estimate the cost of a new system as well as a payback schedule that will show you how newer technology will pay you back in lower energy usage.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Hybrid Heat Dual Fuel system?
- Why should I buy Energy Star labeled equipment?
- My air conditioner is very loud when I entertain outside, what can I do?
- How can I reduce my energy costs?
- What does SEER, AFUE, and HSPF ratings mean to me?