Can I just replace the outdoor unit on an older system to save money?
No. Replacing only the outdoor unit will lower the efficiency of the unit. In fact, you can lose up to 15% of the unit's efficiency! Even worse, your system may fail sooner than normal and most manufacturers' warranties will be voided. You should always replace the indoor cooling coil with the outdoor unit.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Hybrid Heat Dual Fuel system?
- Why should I buy Energy Star labeled equipment?
- My air conditioner is very loud when I entertain outside, what can I do?
- How can I reduce my energy costs?
- What does SEER, AFUE, and HSPF ratings mean to me?